We have just updated our personal favorite OSNOVA publication, the Essential Greek New Testament for the Absolute Beginner.
The latest edition of the Essential Greek New Testament for the Absolute Beginner adds a hyperlinked Greek concordance (i.e. the lists of occurrences of all Greek words in the Greek New Testament) to the included Greek Lexicon. Only a small number of extremely frequent words have a shortened (rather than complete) list of their occurrences. The concordance will allow you to see the passages in the New Testament where a specific Greek word occurs.
As a reminder, this book represents a new approach to the study of the Biblical Greek by allowing an absolute Greek beginner to start “reading” the Greek New Testament from the first day. As such, it is an indispensable resource for those who would like to get a glimpse of the New Testament in the original. The compilation of resources will also be useful to those who have some knowledge of Biblical Greek.
For a limited time only, we set the price to $4.99. Get your copy today.
THIS VOLUME CONTAINS A NUMBER OF VALUABLE FEATURES:
- Parallel Greek-English text for each verse.
- Each word in the Greek text is hyperlinked to its grammatical information and then to its entry in the Greek lexicon.
- A list of each word form found in the Greek text identifying the grammatical codes for that form and hyperlinked to the explanation of the code and an entry in the included Greek lexicon.
- An extensive Greek Lexicon organized by Strong’s numbers. The Lexicon can be accessed in a number of ways (e.g. searching for g9 or agape, using the word frequency list, etc.).
- A list of over 1,000 most frequent Greek words in the NT and flash cards for the Greek word study. Note that the list of Greek words can be used to navigate the Greek lexicon on devices that do not support the index function (e.g. Kindle Fire).
- On some Kindle devices, you can use the Direct Verse Jump to find the passage or word in the Lexicon in seconds. Even without the DVJ, this publication is extremely useful on all portable devices supporting the Kindle application: Android tablets and phones, iPhones and iPads, Kindle Fire, etc.
If you already bought this publication on Amazon, you can obtain an updated version for free through the “Manage Your Content and Devices” page on Amazon.com. If you bought this publication directly from us, please contact us for the updated file.
We are excited to release the Essential Greek New Testament for the Absolute Beginner (thank you, James, for the title).
This book represents a new approach to the study of the Biblical Greek by allowing an absolute Greek beginner to start “reading” the Greek New Testament from the first day. As such, it will establish itself as an indispensable resource for those who would like to get a glimpse of the New Testament in the original. The compilation of resources will also be useful to those who have some knowledge of Biblical Greek.
It was suggested that the working title for the upcoming publication (i.e. Greek NT for (Absolute) Beginners; see previous post) is somewhat bland. We need a title that would convey to people that this is the publication that they absolutely must have and can’t live without (which it is, of course :)).
Our own brainstorming has come up with:
- Ultimate Greek New Testament for Absolute Beginners
- Greek New Testament for the Rest of Us
- Practical Greek New Testament (subtitle: “Read this Greek NT even if you don’t read Greek” or “Learn Koine Greek with Us”)
- and … The One Greek New Testament You Must Have
Well, what do you think? Would you share your ideas about the title? If we select your title, we’ll give you any book in the OSNOVA Store for free.
OSNOVA™ is pleased to announce the digital publication of Robinson/Pierpont’s The Greek New Testament for Beginning Readers: Byzantine Textform.
This Greek New Testament includes John Jeffrey Dodson’s lexical information along with brief definitions of words occurring fewer than fifty times, parsing of verbs occurring fewer than fifty times and various other helps particularly useful for those whose Greek is less than perfect, and the OSNOVA edition does not disappoint. These helps are included, and many words are linked to the corresponding lexicon entry and grammatical parsing information.
The Kindle edition from OSNOVA™ includes a number of navigational aids such as Direct Verse Jump and hyperlinked table of contents. Short instructions on their use are included in the book itself, with more detailed instructions available on our blog.
This helpful study tool can be used by a beginning student of Greek or a busy pastor who had his Greek many years ago. You do not have to be an expert in New Testament Greek in order to use this tool profitably. The Kindle format makes this useful information accessible for all students of the Greek New Testament.
You can purchase The Greek New Testament for Beginning Readers: Byzantine Textform on Amazon.com.
Have you experienced the benefits of reading the Word of God in the original languages?